Total Pageviews

"Life is short Don't SCREW it"


Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Penang food

After long anticipation, finally after 14 hours and 25 minutes flight.... I'm back in Malaysia. For the past 1 month I've been to countless lunch, dinner and supper with family and friends! 1 thing that i always tell my friends back in Germany that Penang is famous for it's FOOD! Penang people eat non-stop, in every corner and at anytime of the day.

Like every Malaysian who stayed abroad, once we touch down in Malaysia we have a long list of food that we just HAVE to eat before leaving again, nonetheless I'm one of these hungry ghosts also...hehe! My 1st meal in Malaysia was Nasi Kandar....lol

here are some pictures of the food i had so far (gonna hang around for few more weeks)..... but so sorry that i didn't get to take every dish that I've eaten because too busy attacking the food...hehe


dinner with few of my friends @ a small cafe ( Rice Bar)

my deep fried chicken fillet with rice...potion just nice and taste not too bad either

one of Penang typical street food is "Lo Bak", mixture of deep fried spring rolls, prawn cake and etc.. together with it's special sauce to dip with

back to my working days, this simple economic noodles used to be my breakfast

Chee Cheong Fun (rice noodle roll)....not the typical Hong kong or Cantonese style with Prawn and soy sauce but with prawn paste and special mix chili sauce....my likey

next to a small town about 30 minutes away from Penang island, a small town called Nibong Tebal famous for their seafood porridge. You can also select our preferred seafood to cooked with your porridge i like mine with fish ^^

if you don't like porridge, maybe noodles?
Thai style noodle..."Tom Yam noodle with seafood. But this is not the best that I've had before :P

last but not least baby octopus....yummy dip with prawn paste with grown nuts.....
yummy


Like i said....sorry that I've only took limited photos of Penang food... stay tune for part 2

~ ho chiak~


2 comments:

yoonlun said...

oh my ... I miss a smile on 1st photo again
... ><"

lulu said...

u n kong yang....pan yao yeng...hehehe ><

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails